Students may not enroll in English 1005 or 1104 unless the minimum score prescribed below is earned on at least one of the following tests:
- A score of 18 or above on the English section of the ACT.
- A score of 450 or above on the critical reading portion of the SAT-1.
- A scaled score of 38 on the writing skills test of the ASSET.
- A score of 71 or above on the writing skills test of the COMPASS.
- A scaled score of 88 on the Sentence Skills test of the College Board’s ACCUPLACER Testing System.
- Satisfactory performance on a writing sample administered by each institution.
Students not meeting any one of the above standards must successfully complete ENGL 0097 before enrolling in ENGL 1005 or 1104.