The purpose of the Academic Advising Center is to provide the Liberal Studies general student with comprehensive advising as well as interpersonal professional support. A concerted effort is made to address any academic concerns that may impede the student’s successful completion of degree requirements and to assist the student in the selection of an academic program.
- Formalized advisor-advisee conferences scheduled throughout the semester for undeclared students.
- Academic assistance and guidance on a drop-in basis for students with general advising concerns or questions.
- Summer advising of all new students, transfers, and readmitted students.
- Workshops sponsored by the Center relevant to maximizing academic success and to improving advising processes.
- Referral assistance to campus and community services.
Contact the Director of Advising, Assessment and Testing at (304)367-4990 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.