The Advanced Skill Set in Business Management is to provide Business Management students with the opportunity to earn an advanced skill certificate before completing the full associate degree program.
The Business Management Advanced Skill Set is designed to prepare students to:
- Provide support to business management professionals in the areas of finance, legal, operations, and administrative procedures
- Demonstrate business problem solving skills
- Work effectively, respectfully, ethically, and professionally with people of diverse ethnic, cultural, gender backgrounds, as well as with people with different organizational roles, social affiliations, and personalities
- Demonstrate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, the Internet, and presentation software.
- Exhibit basic knowledge of business principles and procedures
- Exhibit knowledge of fundamental accounting theory and procedures
This program alone does not qualify for financial aid. Students seeking financial aid eligible degrees may incorporate the classes as electives when their schedule allows or may declare an Associate or Certificate of Applied Science degree major of study in which the courses are embedded.