The A.A.S. Business Degree helps to provide students with an opportunity to develop job-related skills while increasing awareness of their roles and responsibilities toward society through their profession. This degree program helps to address the educational needs for trained human resources in the service area of Pierpont Community & Technical College and gives graduates the necessary skills to function professionally in today’s business environment.
- Effectively use technologies appropriate to their discipline
- Exhibit basic knowledge of business principles and procedures
- Exhibit basic knowledge of personal and business finance
- Identify and analyze ethical issues in a professional manner
- Prepare and deliver an effective business presentation
- Write in a clear and professional manner
Graduates of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Business are qualified for entry level positions in business organizations, industrial corporations, government agencies, and independent firms and businesses. Some graduates choose to become entrepreneurs; others choose to continue their education in a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
Select 3 credit hours from elective list.
BUSN 2251 Prerequisite(s): ENGL 1104 C or better
ENTR 1110 Prerequisite(s): ENTR 1100 C or better
BUSN 2248 Prerequisite(s): BUSN 2251 C or better
BUSN 2995 Prerequisite(s): Instructor Approval