Presidential Search Committee
The Pierpont Community & Technical College Board of Governors has established a Presidential Search Committee to evaluate applicants and choose the next president of the college. The Presidential Search Committee and the College will conduct a nationwide search for the new president in compliance with Title 135, Series 5 – Evaluating and Employing Presidents, and the applicable rules of the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education (“Council”).
- The ten voting members of the Presidential Search Committee will consist of five of the current members of the Pierpont Community & Technical College Board of Governors - of which three are executive officers and one is the elected Senate Faculty Representative to the Board of Governors, a classified staff representative, the President of Fairmont State University, a student representative, and two community representatives.
- The Search Committee membership may be modified or supplemented to assure continued compliance with Series 5 and the applicable rules of the Council.
- The Search Committee has designated a chairperson to coordinate the activities of the search committee.
- The Search Committee Chair will coordinate with the Chancellor of the Community and Technical College System to formalize the involvement of the Council in this search process in accordance with the provisions of Series 5 of the Code of State Regulations.
Search Committee Members
1. James E. Griffin, Chairman of the Board (Chairman of the Search Committee)
2. Earl McConnell, Vice Chairman of the Board
3. Sharon Shaffer, Secretary of the Board
4. Warren VanAlsburg, Board Member and Chairman of the ATC Advisory Board
5. Barbara Pavel-Alvarez, Elected Faculty Senate Representative to the Board
6. Bo Sellers, Classified Staff Representative
7. Dr. Maria Rose, President of Fairmont State University
8. Mr. Mark Barnes, Director of Dominion Gas Operations
9. Mr. Rocco Fucillo, Corporate and Community Relations at WVU
10. Kaitlyn Gyorko - Student Representative
11. Keisha Marks - Pierpont Board of Governors Student Government Representative
Search Consultant and Assistant
The Assistant Vice President of Human Resources of Fairmont State/Pierpont Community & Technical College will assist the College in the search process. Services may include, but not be limited to, assistance in preparing the position announcement; creation of a national advertising strategy; collection of applicant resumes; preliminarily screening of applicant resumes; providing recommendations to the Search Committee regarding applicants; conducting background and credential checks; and performing such other services as the Search Committee may request or require during the search process. Note: The AVP of HR is on an extended leave. Please direct any questions to the EA of the BOG. Thank you.
The Executive Assistant to the Board of Governors will assist in the notice, coordination, and scheduling of the Search Committee meetings; take minutes of the Search Committee meetings; make preparations for initial candidates interviews; make arrangements for finalists’ visits to campus for interviews with WVCTCS Chancellor and Council, campus administrators, faculty, non-classified and classified employees, students, alumni, foundation board, and community leaders; maintain adherence to the established Search Committee timeline; be responsible for the Presidential Search webpage; and perform such other services as the Search Committee may request or require during the search process.
- Assistant Vice President of Human Resources and Campus/Community Relations – Cynthia S. Curry, CCP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
- Executive Assistant to the Board of Governors – Cyndee K. Sensibaugh
Contact the Search Committee
To comment or ask questions regarding the search process, candidate qualifications, or provide feedback, please email email@example.com. Please provide your name and contact information in your email.
To discuss information about the application process, or to make a confidential inquiry, please contact Cindy Curry at Cindy.Curry@Pierpont.edu, or by telephone at 304-367-4386. When sending an email, be sure to reference Pierpont Presidential Search in the subject line. Note: As Ms. Curry is on an extended leave, please direct your questions to Cyndee Sensibaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 302-367-4933. Thank you.