This page will contain information pertaining to several graduation dates. Please check this site often as changes will be reflected here.
- Cap and Gown site is now inactive (scroll down to link)- CAPS AND GOWNS ARE READY TO BE PICKED UP AT THE BOUND FOR SUCCESS BOOKSTORE LOCATED ON THE 2ND FLOOR OF THE FALCON CENTER ON THE 1201 LOCUST AVENUE CAMPUS (8am - 5pm Monday through Friday, 304-333-3636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 2017 diplomas will be mailed to May 2017 graduates on June 30, 2017.
- Other Questions contact email@example.com
Deadlines to Apply for Graduation
- Graduation Date..........Application Deadline
- May 12, 2018..............February 1, 2018 (May diplomas will be mailed the last week in June)
- Summer 2017.............June 1, 2017
- December 2017..........September 1, 2017 (December diplomas will be mailed the last week in January)
To apply for graduation, come to 248 Hardway Building and complete a graduation application, and make an appointment (304-367-4142, Stephanie) for your official degree audit at least a semester in advance of graduation. If you don't complete course requirements in the semester you have applied to graduate, you must fill out a new graduation application.
Commencement for students graduating from August 2016 - May 2017 will be held at 6:30 pm, on Friday May 12, 2017 at the Locust Avenue Feaster Center. Please attend graduation rehearsal scheduled for 3:30 pm on the same day, and arrive back by 6:00 pm for commencement lineup.
Currently there are no fees associated with graduation.
Degree Audit Appointments
It is important to apply early or by the deadlines for graduation and to complete your degree audit appointment to make sure that you are ready to graduate. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPOINTMENT TIMES ARE LIMITED AND FILL UP QUICKLY.
To schedule an appointment call 304-367-4142 and ask for Stephanie or stop by the 3rd floor of Turley Student Services Center on Locust Avenue Campus. Check your student email account for degree audit update information.
- Degree Audit Appointments for May 2018...........................................................August 28, 2017 - November 20, 2017
- Degree Audit Appointments for August/December 2017......................................January 24, 2017 - April 20, 2017 and July 5, 2017 - August 3, 2017
Commencement packets will be mailed to students who have applied for May 2017 graduation as well as to those students who graduated in August and December 2016 in February 2017. Students who apply for graduation after this date will receive their packets at the time they apply for graduation, students submitting forms after April 21, 2017 cannot be guaranteed that their name will appear in the program.
- Commencement Date: May 12, 2017 at 6:30pm in the Locust Avenue Feaster Center, LINE UP AT 6:00 PM.
- Mandatory Rehearsal May 12, 2017 at 3:30 pm in the Locust Avenue Feaster Center
- Cap and gown must be ordered from the website by the deadline of midnight TBA (no charge unless you wait until after the deadline)
- Caps and gowns will be available in the Locust Avenue Bookstore (Falcon Center) about a week before commencement, you will receive an email to your student account when they are available.
- In order to participate in Commencement, your Reader's Card must be returned to Student Services (248 Hardway Building, Locust Avenue Campus) by April 21, 2017
- Commencement is semi-formal, gowns are black, shoes and slacks should be dark as well
- See the information and "Order your Cap and Gown here" link below, the link is currently inactive for ordering a cap and gown for May, 12, 2017 Commencement, late fee for cap and gown ordering after March 26, 2017 (see Bound for Success Bookstore)
Order your Cap and Gown here!(click link) Link is currently inactive (effective until midnight, March 26, 2017)